The functionality and use of the device are presently being tested in ongoing clinical trials.
Full list of publications: Research Gate
Publications involving the device made of the present resorbable co-polymer:
Video, Guedes et al, Surgical Innovation 2018 (video is open access).
Images from video. The lung lobe was passed through the LigaTie® loop, the loop was tightened which compressed tissue, where after the lung lobe was removed.
Cystic duct pressures after ligation with a novel absorbable device in an ex vivo caprine cholecystectomy model, by Sundholm Tepper et al, in The Canadian Journal of Veterinary Research, 2017;81:223-227
Ligation of the mesovarium in dogs with a self-locking implant of a resorbable polyglycolic based co-polymer: a study of feasibility and comparison to suture ligation, by da Mota Costa et al in BMC Research Notes, April 2016
Ligation of the spermatic cord in dogs with a self-locking device of a resorbable polyglycolic based co-polymer – feasibility and long-term follow-up study, by Höglund et al in BMC Research Notes, November 2014
Presentations at conferences involving the device made of the present resorbable co-polymer:
• Kirurgveckan, Jönköping, 2017
• ECVS 2016, a yearly surgery conference ECVS
• ACVS 2014, a yearly surgery conference ACVS Summit
• SEVC 2013, Spain, a yearly veterinary conference SEVC
• ACVS 2013, a yearly surgery conference ACVS Summit
• SEVC 2012, Spain, a yearly veterinary conference SEVC
• ECVS 2011, a yearly surgery conference ECVS
Links to publications involving the design of the device and the initial use of polydioxanone:
•A new resorbable device for ligation of blood vessels - A pilot study
• Ligation of the Ovarian Pedicle in Dogs with a Resorbable Self-Locking Device – A Long-Term Follow-up Study
Presentations (results of studies have been presented as abstracts) at conferences involving the device and the original use of polydioxanone:
• BSAVA congress UK, 2011.
• ESB European Conference on Biomaterials 2010.
• Allmänna Veterinärkongressen 2010, a yearly veterinary conference in Sweden.
• ECVS 2010, a yearly surgery conference.
• Kirurgveckan 2009 and 2010, a yearly surgery conference in Sweden.
• SEVC Spain, 2009 and 2011.
Resorbable Devices AB & Vetok AB
CEO Odd Viking Höglund, DVM, PhD
Phone: +46703-29 89 50